Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm back

Well I haven't been blogging like I should, maybe its summer in the city syndrome, its been a cool summer here in NYC. We haven't even hit 90 yet which is nice I guess, the city can get hot and humid as hell in summer. I love the heat though to a point. Things are going well here, we got tons of rain, so much rain that it seems as if we should be under water. I guess we need the rain however and it's good for the plants and all that. There's something about summer nights in the city, everyone is out, hanging out, drinking, eating, talking, etc. It's a great time of year. The winters here suck and I hate the cold which lasts for so long. When summer finally comes it's a welcome relief. I love the beach too and went to Rockaway last weekend. The waves there are some of the biggest on the east coast and the surfers were out in force. The beach however is small, maybe due to beach erosion or something. I never saw so much seaweed in the water however. I don't know if that's good or bad. I guess it's better than jellyfish or sharks however. The water was perfect and warm after you get into it. I got battered around by the waves while avoiding the surfers and their boards. I threw my shoulder out too which sucked and got too much sun, I don't put sunblock on which is bad but I like to get dark and that's the only way. I paid a price the next day when I was so burned I couldn't move well. But hey, we all make our choices right and we have to live with the consequences. I haven't seen the sign guy who I wrote about in earlier posts, maybe he got a job finally? Let's hope so. I am looking for part time work and have been unlucky in finding any, whether that has to do with the thousands of others looking or that my resume might suck I don't know. I know that I can do alot of things it's just a matter of who you know here, not how talented you actually are. I am trying to write a T.V. script for an idea I have and just have to work harder to plan time to write. I will try to write more here to as subjects arise that are interesting to me. Hope to write more soon when the feeling moves me. Peace and love until next time.

No comments: